Why Should You Adopt Energy Efficient Lighting?
The world has seen a tremendous growth in technology and various other innovations in the past century. It’s necessary now more than ever to make some significant changes – the most important one being conservation of power. The excessive use of this resource may produce adverse effects. There are various ways and products that one can use to do their part in this cause.
There have been various historic inventions that changed the world for the better and one of them was the light bulb. Thomas Alva Edison brought a wave of change when he gave the world a chance to step out of the darkness. Ever since, the lighting industry has seen various advancements. It is said that over 20% of the world power generation is for the purpose of lighting for both personal and professional use. The various light sources have been a constant provider of comfort as well as safety. The extended duration of light available compared to just sunlight in the past also gave people the opportunity to use more of their time to make progress, thus enhancing productivity.
Why is Energy Efficiency the Need of the Hour?
Energy efficiency is a concept that has come to be after rising concerns over consumption of power. The same function can be done in a way that it consumes less energy. Utilizing power sources that are extremely old also cause an increase in consumption of power. By avoiding this, it benefits the environment by lowering greenhouse gas emission levels and also reduces household costs. This in turn helps the economy as well in the long run.
People are increasingly being made aware of the importance of switching to energy efficient lighting, and the global market has also been anticipated to experience a boom over the coming years. The global energy efficient lighting market forecast by Research Dive reveals that the market is predicted to garner a revenue of $370.4 billion by 2027.
The impact of COVID-19 was felt all around the globe and to ensure a seamless functioning of the healthcare sector, it requires a constant supply of power. Equipment such as ventilators and various monitors consume a lot of electricity. In order to maintain sufficient supply, the industry can switch to sources of light that do not consume as much power and allow it to be redirected to the equipment. It is during this crucial time, that even backup power sources were also majorly in use.
Places That Need to Implement Energy Efficiency
With humans traversing the globe in search of more opportunities, electricity also follows as no task is complete without it. Among the various places where energy is consumed in bulk, a few need to implement lights that consume less power.
- Domestic Sources – Residential complexes, apartments and other housing communities need to ensure that they are fitted with energy efficient lights. Creating awareness among them for the same will ensure benefits for the residents.
- Commercial Establishments – Places such as malls, shopping centres, restaurants, and other such, are usually in use 24/7. People visit these places round the clock for recreational purposes due to which it’s necessary for them to be well lit up. Swapping the traditional lights and using newer ones can prove to be not only economical but pleasant to the eyes as well.
- Industries – The industrial sector also functions round the clock and uses more power for not just lighting, but equipment for construction and production purposes as well. This constant use of power heavily impacts power sources, while adding on financially. Establishing efficiency in the lighting department, can get the work done and at a lower price.
Be it for indoor or outdoor use, the energy efficient lighting scheme enhances the quality of lighting, makes it safer, and lowers impact on the environment. It’s interesting to note that traditional lights emit a lot of heat compared to CFLs or LED lights that consume low power. They also consume more than 90% power which is reason enough to make the switch.
Energy Efficient Lights: Benefits and Types
In the recent years, the growing gap between the amount of power generated and the actual demand has been a matter of concern. Failing power supply in various parts of the world is also a warning toward the high levels of energy consumption. Making lights efficient – which means producing the same amount of light but with lower power consumption- acts as an advantage for a more sustainable way of functioning.
There are two types of lights –
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) – These are the oldest known yet most common type of lamps that save on energy. They are available in various shapes, forms, sizes and consume 75% less power. These lights also last longer making them economical for the user. As for color tones, they come in lighter and warmer colours – white to yellow which were unavailable during the initial years.
- Light-Emitting Diode (LED)- The most recent ones to be introduced into the market, have seen a rapid rise in sales. They are certainly high in quality and are able to act as a powerful light source. Various LEDs are capable of lighting up entire grounds which make them much sought after. The lights comprise three mixed diodes – red, blue, and green which use the color spectrum to combine and give out white light. These are also cooler and do not emit too much heat making them safer as well.
Energy efficiency, economy, and the environment are three important elements of the human life that currently go hand in hand. In order to avoid any further loss of resources, its essential that people take the opportunity to make this small change of using energy efficient lights into their lives, which will have a definite change on the future.
A Brief Survey of Wireless Brain Sensors and Three of its Main ApplicationsNovember 25, 2022
A Concise Study of Duty-Free Retailing Industry’s Three Major Players in 2022November 14, 2022
Electric Bus: An Innovative Mode of Transportation that can Tackle Rapid Climatic ChangesNovember 14, 2022
A Brief Survey on the Utility of Automotive Ethernet SystemsNovember 14, 2022