Energy Efficient Lighting: The Environment-Friendly Way of Illuminating Homes and Industries
Since the industrial revolution, energy consumption has been increasing with various technological advancements. Nowadays, many industries are giving more effort to save energy and are trying to find out innovative solutions to fight against increasing global warming. Fortunately, recent innovations, such as energy-efficient lighting products have enabled individuals and industries to reduce energy consumption daily. Lighting solutions using lighting technology are more efficient, require less energy, and have a longer life span.
With the ever-growing concern for degrading environmental health, presently, many businesses and households have stepped ahead towards adopting new lighting technology to help combat global warming. The advent of LED technology has caused a significant reduction in energy consumption by delivering the same light output and using less energy. Many nations spend a huge electricity budget on lighting, therefore, it is not only necessary for our safety, comfort, growth, or productivity, but also plays a major role in the economic growth of a country.
Technically, energy-efficient lighting can be defined as innovative lighting solutions, which require less energy and are capable of delivering the required illumination without compromising the user’s comfort. These recent lighting solutions majorly help in saving electricity while maintaining good quality of light. Energy efficient lighting includes CFL lamps, fluorescent lamps, and LED lights and lamps in place of traditional lamps such as incandescent lamps. Many of these lighting systems include PIR, timer controls, and ultrasonic sensor-based controls to save the unnecessary expenditure on electricity. Energy-efficient lighting can be applied both for external and internal lighting. These lightings incorporate electric chokes instead of ballasts which can turn off lights automatically in the daytime and can also dim the lights when necessary.
Is Energy Efficient Lighting Worth the Switch?
Lighting is one of the basic requirements for individuals to perform their day-to-day activities. It holds a considerable amount of total energy consumption in various sectors, such as domestic, commercial, and industrial installations. Though these lightings are still slightly more costly than the traditional filament bulbs or halogens, these last longer and produce remarkably less energy carbon dioxide. Unlike traditional bulbs, these are cool to touch and can save money in the long run. Installing other combinations of energy management in homes, such as smart meters and home insulation can reduce your energy consumption and help you cut down your utility bills notably. In addition, with this single step of adopting energy efficient lighting, you can bring a drastic change in environmental health.
What are the Benefits of Energy Efficient Lighting?
Presently, many people proactively heading towards adopting energy efficient lighting to make their homes more energy efficient by upgrading the lighting systems. Out of many, some of the major benefits are discussed below:
- Emits Less Heat: Traditional bulbs used to spend 90% of the energy on heat and the rest on producing light, and thus, the outer surface of the bulbs was hot. This could lead to accidents if not handled carefully. However, energy efficient lights emit negligible heat, therefore, are safe and easy to handle.
- Improves Environmental Health: Energy-efficient light sources can help individuals and companies who willingly want to opt for environment-friendly options. The eco-friendly light source can help companies to reduce their energy use and attract conscious customers. Easy handling of these energy-efficient lightings allure many industries and households to contribute in improving environmental conditions by saving energy.
- Can Operate in Cold Conditions: Previously, fluorescent lamps required high voltage to start in cold weather. However, the LED lights perform better in cold temperatures. Therefore, energy efficient lights are a better choice for lighting in refrigerated displays, cold storage, freezers, and meat lockers. Moreover, for this reason, energy efficient lighting is also used in parking lots, perimeters of buildings, and outer signage.
- Provides Design Flexibility: LED lights are usually very small in size. Previously, these lights were used in circuit boards for indicator purposes. If you combine them in a bunch, these lights can form a traditional bulb. If you put them in a string, these can create a series of lights. For this reason, energy efficient lights have a wide range of applications, starting from decorating lights at Christmas to illuminating a cricket stadium.
- Ability to Withstand Frequent Switching: The technology used in energy efficient lighting makes them turn on and turn off instantly. This feature of energy efficient lights acts as an ideal solution for organizations and households to effectively deal with sudden blackouts or power surges.
- Low Voltage Operation: The energy-efficient lights are very much useful in locations where flooding occurs more often. These lights can operate on low voltage and protect staff and individuals from harmful and fatal shocks.
The Future Landscape of the Energy Efficient Lighting Market
With greater energy savings in energy-efficient lighting compared to that in other forms of lighting, the global energy-efficient lighting market is expected to witness remarkable growth in the approaching years. The market is anticipated to generate a revenue of $93,303.0 million and rise at a CAGR of 8.1% over the estimated period from 2022 to 2030. However, the high implementation and equipment costs may hinder the growth of the market.
The Bottom Line
With the growing population all across the globe, energy efficient lighting can save our environment from further harmful impacts. Moreover, the rising interest among domestic consumers and various industries in adopting smart LED solutions can boost the growth of the energy efficient lighting market in the forthcoming years.
How Are Engineers and Manufacturers Looking Forward to Embrace High Speed Steels to Offer Swift Solutions?September 21, 2023
How the Latest Innovations in Flame Retardant Protective Wear Elevate the Protection and Comfort of Workers across Various Industries?July 10, 2023
How can Employee Communication Software Revolutionize Business Communication?July 10, 2023
Can Eggshell Membrane Act as a Biomaterial for Bone Regeneration and Other Health Related Applications?July 07, 2023