What Makes Engineered Stones a Good Option for Countertops Surfaces?
With time, the construction materials are getting progressed due to the continuous improvements in the construction and building materials. Engineered stone is a man-made material that can be used for construction purposes instead of marbles or granites. This product development can act as a better alternative to natural stone. Engineered stone offers various benefits such as easy maintenance, greater durability, and beauty.
Nowadays, most individuals care about making eco-friendly choices whether it is about the mode of transportation or choosing materials for construction. Engineered stone is one of the most environment-friendly materials which can be broadly used for countertops replacing the use of marbles or granites. It is manufactured from natural materials with a mixture of quartz, and granite aggregates with a combination of resins and pigments. Engineered stones have a combination of 90 percent of natural quartz and 10 percent of polyresin. This man-made material can help in achieving environmental sustainability.
With the increasing range of applications of engineered stone in the interior spaces of homes such as kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, and others, the global engineered stone market is expected to experience progressive growth in the forthcoming years. The market is anticipated to generate a revenue of $39,410.8 million and rise at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2030. The major players in the market include LG Hausys, Johnson Marble & Quartz, Technistone A.S., Caesarstone Ltd., Belenco, Quarella Group Ltd, Quartzforms, Stone Italiana S.p.A, Vicostone, and Diresco.
What are the Benefits of Using Engineered Stone for Countertops?
Usually, solid surfacing or plastic laminate is temperature sensitive, it can easily catch fire. However, engineered stones can resist heat as well as stains of chemicals or liquid, such as coffee or wine. Some of the major benefits of using engineered stone for countertops are discussed below:
- Conserving Natural Resources: Engineered stones are made by combining quartz crystals with a resin binder and they have a similar appearance to natural stone. This beneficial advantage of using engineered stone for the construction of countertops can slow down the depletion of natural stones such as granites or marbles.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Unlike natural stones, engineered stones are available in a variety and wide range of prices. This offers customers various options for choosing materials for their countertops according to their budget.
- Easy Cleaning: One of the major demerits of natural stones is they are porous. This creates room for bacteria to grow and it becomes tough to eradicate from the root. However, the surface of engineered stones won’t absorb liquid and hence, it becomes easy to clean and maintain countertops made from engineered stone. Moreover, engineered stone help in maintaining the safety of food especially when you work with raw vegetables, meat, or fish in your kitchen.
- Gives Appealing Appearance: Engineered stones come in a wonderful array of colors, textures, and styles. They can add elegance and an element of class to your décor. This feature of engineered stones fascinates customers to remodel their countertops with the latest trends. Some of the leading brands providing engineered stones are Caeserstone, Technistone, Silestone, Icestone, and many others.
- Stain Resistance: The biggest advantage of using engineered stone is that they won’t stain. Natural stones are susceptible to stains from oil, wine, juice, chemicals, and many other substances. The stain-resistant feature of engineered stones makes them maintenance-free as compared to natural stones.
- Durability: Engineered stones are hard with great chip and resistance to cracks, scratches, and cuts too. These characteristics of engineered stones make them more durable.
- Used for Numerous Applications: Possessing properties of non-porous and durable, engineered stones are widely used for various purposes starting from kitchen countertops to bathrooms, walls, floors, shop fitting, hospitals and labs, airports, and several other decors.
Is Engineered Stone Truly Better than Natural Stone?
If we compare engineered stone with natural stone, there exist numerous advantages that natural stone cannot offer. Though natural stone holds gravity and value with its name and beauty, however, for a high-traffic kitchen there is no better option than using engineered stone as kitchen countertops. Natural stones are more suitable for a unique and ageless kitchen space. Moreover, engineered stones have high pH balance than natural stones and are not get impacted by acidic materials. Both natural stones and engineered stones are very beautiful and can last longer if cared for properly, so, it solely depends on customers to choose the best option for their décor according to their needs and budget.
Engineered Stone: The Cost-Effective Material to Décor your Dream Home
Currently, the cases of home renovations are increasing due to the availability of affordable and attractive construction materials such as engineered stones. The new trends in interior designing proactively attract people to change the outlook of their homes. Moreover, many construction companies are incorporating better designs, and color combinations of engineered stones to allure people to invest in real estate. These factors will definitely upsurge the demand for the usage of engineered stones in the coming future.
Everything You Need to know About AAC Blocks and PanelsSeptember 28, 2022
What are Healthcare Gamification Applications and What Benefits Do They Provide?September 22, 2022
Portable Oxygen Kit: A Medical Device that Has an Ability to Offer Continued Respiratory SupportSeptember 22, 2022
What Diseases can be Associated with a Positive Antinuclear Antibody Test?September 16, 2022