What are the Different Types of Interior Doors Available in the Market?
Every structure built around the world is created using a combination of both common and unique elements to make it liveable. One of the most commonly used among them are interior doors that provide a distinctive look to the building.
The construction process of buildings today has become more customized, with people having their own designs in mind. Both office spaces and homes are being built to look more pleasing to others and also to ensure entryways into areas of the building.
What are Interior Doors and How Long Have They Been in Use
The movable framework that is built in the internal parts of a home that separates and provides access to other section of the build is known as an interior door. Most of them have some basic functions such as separating one room from the other, providing better lighting, and to reduce any noise from other sections. It’s interesting to note that these doors have been around for centuries. Historically, according to archaeologists many tombs of emperors and other royals contained doors that separated the space into the burial area and the personal artefacts. The popular Greek and Roman heritage sites also show signs of internal doorways even among their ruins. They also show how the structures has all kinds of doors including double doors, folding doors, as well as automatic doors that were constructed using materials such as wood, stone, and more.
Ever since their advent, doors have been fitted by their hinges or tracks as well as a combination of both. These elements allow the doors to swing smoothly while also letting them slide. To add further, most of the doors fitted into building more horizontally, which uses tracks facing the same direction. But, some doors can also be pulled upwards or downwards to be open, and these normally use the vertical tracks. Doorways require a lot of safety features as well that can prevent any untoward incidents over time. They’re usually fitted with coatings or layers that are capable of resisting fire as well as bullets. In some cases, the doors are also meant to withstand blasts which can add to the safety element. These factors have been a direct cause in doorways being an integral part of any building.
As per the latest report by Research Dive, the global interior doors market is expected to experience a rise in revenue from $62,666.5 million in 2020 to over $1,02,543.4 million by 2028 at a stable CAGR of 6.3% from 2021-2028.
Variants of Interior Doors Available in the Market
Each building depending on whether it’s meant for personal residence or professional purposes is fitted with doors that fit the brief. In places of residence, people usually prefer doorways based on the type of room they need to be fitted into. Closet doors or doors of other storage sections are usually lightweight and not as heavy whereas on the other hand, doors that lead to rooms such as the bedroom or restrooms are extremely sturdy and are fitted with locks on the inside. But, there are also a variety of styles when it comes to doors that are capable of changing the entire look of a room
- Panel Doors – These doors are built with square or oblong shaped panels and most of them are fitted as two large sized panels or there is also the option of six smaller ones. One can also pick to have a more curved top to the top or just go with the normal straight ones.
- Bi-Fold Doors – These types of doors are mostly preferred for sections of a house that aren’t necessarily the most aesthetic. These include laundry, storage, pantry or other such spaces that mostly serve as spaces where daily chores are done. These are built as a pair that opens into two opposite directions, providing extra space to move around or to accommodate more items.
- French Doors – These doors are usually larger in size and are usually go along the length and height of a wall. These are mostly made using wood and are also fitted with glass to ensure that maximum natural light enters the room. These are usually fitted into areas that lead towards the porch or a balcony.
- Accordion Doors – These doors are usually for spaces with a building that are cramped and need an emergency storage area. Just the musical instrument, accordion doors are made to fold over one another and then rest on the side.
- Mirrored Sliding Doors – A majority of the homes today have these mirrored doors installed as they work both as a door and mirror. They are usually used for closets making it easier for people to get dressed.
Popular Materials Used in the Making of Interior Doors
When constructing a building, the rooms and environments need to be kept in mind before implementing the doors. For example, an office is usually a more professional location due to which doors are usually made of glass. Some of the most popular materials used in the making of different types of doors meant for different purposes are –
- Metal and Glass: These doors are currently the most popular ones and look extremely modern which is why they’re usually used in professional organizations or parts of houses that lead to the outdoors. Though they’re sturdy enough for a normal day, one of the main disadvantages lies in the fact that that in case of strong winds, the glass could shatter. That aside, glass and metal combination adds a lot of elegance to any room.
- Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) – These doors are build using recycled wood fibre which has led to them being the stronger and more economical option among doors. They last longer and can also sustain their quality in high temperatures and humidity. Due to the smooth texture, they can also be painted and customized accordingly.
- Solid Wooden Doors – These are the most commonly used doors and are used in both homes as well as in workplaces. They are extremely sturdy and keep the room warm while also being durable. The most commonly used wood to make these doors are cherry wood, walnut and maple.
People usually prefer to have homes or workplaces that are easy to navigate and also look classy. Several experts in the market have been changing the way people look at their interiors by coming up with products that are both practical yet trendy. One such brand is Klein Architectural Interior Systems, an expert provider of superior quality doors who in the year 2020 launched a new product. The TEMPO Handle is one of the first accessories that are fitted to make the functioning of the doors smoother and easier. The curve on the handle makes gripping the door easier while also allowing it to slide easily towards the side.
How are Researchers Exploring and Developing New Microbial Cultures to Enhance Biological Wastewater Treatment?May 25, 2023
How C-RAN and 5G Technology Helps to Overcome the Ongoing Network Problems?May 25, 2023
How Commercial Robots are Helping the Materialization of Industrial Revolution 4.0?May 25, 2023
Can Alpha Olefins be Considered as an Ideal Material for Many Versatile Solutions for Combating Future Challenges?May 25, 2023