Ways to Determine the Right Patient Handling Equipment for Hospitals and Impact of COVID-19 on Global Industry
Patient handling equipment are mainly used to move, support, or transfer body part or a person conveniently in healthcare facilities. There are many innovative ways that can help in choosing the right patient handling equipment for safe handling of patients and reducing risks of injuries to caregivers. Furthermore, the patient handling equipment are high in demand during the pandemic crisis, which is positively impacting the global market.
In medical facilities, patient handling equipment are used to move, support, or transfer body part or a person conveniently. These equipment ensures safety of doctors and care givers while handling patients. The enhancement in maintaining personal hygiene and the quality of care of patients is possible with the help of patient handling equipment. These equipment also reduces possible patient injuries, upturns the productivity of care givers, and is efficient in terms of cost compared to retrofitting.
As per a Research Dive analyst review, many industry players are focusing on developing technologically advanced equipment in the market to provide patients with better and safe handling. Using innovative equipment, such as convertible chairs and lateral transfer systems, ceiling lifts with smart technology, coupled with proper staff practices and training, changes the caregiver and patient experience. Thus, patient handling equipment increases the worker’s and patient’s safety dramatically and the repositioning of patients them is handled better for their health & wellness.
Ways to Choose the Right Patient Handling Equipment
An increasing number of healthcare facilities across the globe have reported positive results by incorporating patient handling technology. Injuries among patients and nursing staffs have dramatically dropped since making use of patient handling equipment along with an institutional commitment that patient handling is the safest with these equipment. A successful safe patient handling equipment means easy accessibility to workers and safe handling to patients when they need it. Listed below are some ways to get the right patient handling equipment for the hospital.
- Involving the hospital’s front-line staff in testing and selecting the right patient handling equipment. Front-line staffs who actually move patients are a valued resource when choosing the handling equipment most appropriate to each unit.
- Choosing patient handling equipment based on the specific lifting, movement, and transfer needs of each unit & patient population.
- Making sure the patient handling equipment is conveniently located, easily accessible to staff, and readily available so that staff can utilize it without delaying other tasks or keeping patients waiting.
- Putting systems in place to assure that the patient handling equipment is maintained and supplies such as transfer sheets and slings are kept stocked and clean. Staff cannot use patient handling equipment if it is not charged or broken. Further, the patient handling equipment not maintained properly can result in injuries to both patients and caregivers.
- Considering partnering with a patient handling equipment vendor. Vendors can help in developing safe handling program, troubleshoot issues, host equipment fairs, maintain & replace equipment, and answer questions.
- Designing safe patient handling equipment during remodeling and construction, which becomes easier & more cost-effective compared to retrofitting. For instance, the American Nurses Association in safe patient handling and mobility recommends hospitals to incorporate ergonomic design principles in order to provide a safe environment of care.
COVID-19 Impact and Forecast Analysis of Ambulance Services Market
According to the report published by Research Dive, the COVID-19 pandemic has positively impacted the global patient handling equipment market . This is mainly because of the increasing cases of COVID-19 coupled with the rising need for patient handling equipment. However, to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, the government bodies and key industry players are taking various efforts. For instance, in July 2020, the Defense Institute of Advanced Technology in India developed medical bed isolation system ‘Aashray’ to battle COVID-19 pandemic.
Furthermore, the global market is projected to witness a tremendous growth post the pandemic crisis majorly owing to the increasing incidents of physical disabilities, technological advancements, and rising prevalence of geriatric population. In addition, the increasing need for private nursing care in the coming future is expected to impel the market growth after COVID-19 pandemic.
7 Mobile Value-added Services (VAS) Provided by Telecoms that You Might Have Missed Out OnApril 07, 2021
Benefits of Building Automation Systems in Today’s WorldApril 07, 2021
7 Amazing DIY Ideas to Replace Professional Pest Control ServicesApril 07, 2021
Factors to Consider while Buying Commercial Air Conditioning SystemApril 01, 2021