How do Natural & Engineered Stones Rule the Design Space in the Growing Era of Elegant Home Decor?
When it comes to selecting a material for your kitchen countertops, there are many options available. Natural and engineered stones are two popular choices that offer a range of benefits. Natural stone is sourced directly from the earth and includes materials, such as granite, marble, limestone, etc. While engineered stone is a man-made material that is created by combining natural stone particles with resins and other binding materials.
Natural and engineered stones have become increasingly popular in the world of interior design and architecture. Both materials offer unique characteristics and benefits that make them highly sought after by homeowners, builders, and designers. Nowadays, bathrooms are no longer contemplated as solely functional areas, where décor is hardly appreciated. Today, these functional sections are developed as concept-based live settings and the crowd is ready to pay for bringing their aesthetics to their dream home.
Recently, according to the report published by Research Dive, the increasing use of natural and engineered stones in various construction activities all across the globe due to the rapid acceleration of urbanization, development of smart cities, and large-scale products, is expected to create immense growth opportunities for the global natural & engineered stone market throughout in the upcoming years. The market is anticipated to generate a revenue of $109,888.2 million and grow at a CAGR of 5.7% over the 2022-2031 timeframe. The major players of the market include Dimpomar, Margraf Spa, ARO Granite Industries Ltd., and many more.
Also, there exists a large stock of older homes in the US that require kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Moreover, there are increasing trends for larger kitchens and multiple bathrooms across the nation. Additionally, the people of the nation are showing more interest in outdoor kitchens, islands, and wet bars. All these factors are expected to propel the growth of the natural & engineered stone market in the coming period.
In recent years, there has been continuous development in the era of home décor. Homeowners or builders are looking for using natural and engineered stones for different purposes to build a home with top-class materials. In this blog, we will discuss the recent trends in natural and engineered stones.
Natural Stone Trends:
- Marble is Still a Favorite: Marble has been a classic choice for many homeowners for years. It is a timeless and elegant material that adds sophistication to any space. In recent times, marble has been used in bathrooms and kitchen countertops to create a luxurious look. However, there is a rising interest in the use of colored marble for more unique and personalized spaces.
- Quartzite is Growing in Popularity: Quartzite is a natural stone that is often compared to granite and marble. It has been gaining popularity in recent years because it is a highly durable material that can withstand high levels of wear and tear. It is also available in a variety of colors and patterns that make it a versatile option for various design styles.
- Terrazzo is Making a Comeback: Terrazzo is a composite material made up of marble, glass, and other aggregates. It was popular in the 1970s and 80s but fell out of fashion. However, it has made a comeback in recent years and now, it is used as flooring, wall cladding, and even furniture.
Engineered Stone Trends:
- Neutrals are In: Neutral-colored engineered stones are becoming more popular in modern kitchens and bathrooms. Materials such as white and gray quartz offer a sleek and minimalist look that works well with a variety of design styles.
- Large Format Tiles: Large format titles are becoming increasingly popular for engineered stone surfaces. They provide a seamless and uniform look and can be used for countertops, walls, and flooring. Additionally, these larger tiles require fewer grout lines, which makes maintenance easier.
- Eco-Friendly Options: Engineered stones made from recycled materials are trending more nowadays as people are looking for sustainable alternatives. The materials offer the same durability and functionality as traditional engineered stone while being environment-friendly at the same time.
Are Natural & Engineered Stones Going to Ascend in the Home Décor Industry in the Coming Years?
In 2021, engineered stones had become the most used kitchen countertop material across the US. Furthermore, the increasing willingness of consumers to incorporate top-quality materials, such as granite and engineered stones to improve home value; the growing commercial building constructions globally; and the strong preference of consumers to use quality engineered stones over laminate because of their alluring color availability are the major factors expected to upsurge the demand for natural and engineered stones in the coming future.
How Are Engineers and Manufacturers Looking Forward to Embrace High Speed Steels to Offer Swift Solutions?September 21, 2023
How the Latest Innovations in Flame Retardant Protective Wear Elevate the Protection and Comfort of Workers across Various Industries?July 10, 2023
How can Employee Communication Software Revolutionize Business Communication?July 10, 2023
Can Eggshell Membrane Act as a Biomaterial for Bone Regeneration and Other Health Related Applications?July 07, 2023