Understanding Communication Intelligence: Its Importance and Characteristics
Communication intelligence systems are primarily used to interpret military language, fax signals, and radio traffic, wherein electromagnetic signals are converted into readable information such as sound, image, or data. The communication intelligence market has experienced a slight dip during the pandemic.
Communication intelligence (COMINT) is the system that helps to understand and decipher electromagnetic signals. This technology is used to convey information from point A to point B – can be single or multiple points.
COMINT systems are primarily used to interpret military language, fax signals, and radio traffic, wherein electromagnetic signals are converted into readable information such as sound, image, or data. These advanced systems are used extensively on battlefields for capturing enemy radar signals, radio monitoring, and locating the signal locations.
COMINT systems are expanding with the implementation of advanced technologies such 5G, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning in the defense department, thus creating many opportunities for the global communication intelligence (COMINT) industry
Glimpses from History
Military intelligence has a history tracing back to biblical times. In those times, Moses sent spies to the territories of the Canaanites so that they can learn about their techniques and their strong and weak points.
Another instance is that during the American Revolution, George Washington, the American President, relied on intelligence report and information provided by a secret network based in New York City. The World War II has witnessed the effect of a weak intelligence service during the annihilation of the U.S. Pacific fleet at Pearl Harbor.
Since then, technological innovations have refurbished the world of warfare and now the countries can take leverage of the latest state-of-the-art devices to get to the heart of the enemy.
The processing systems help in gathering and producing intelligence information more swiftly and perfectly than ever before. Ultramodern aircraft, satellites, electronic systems, cameras, human sources, imaging, and electronic devices permit the gathering of information on such a huge scale that was beyond imagination in the past.
Significance of Communication Intelligence in Electronic Warfare & Intelligence
In recent years, the COMINT system has become a vital asset for a military or defense sector. The primary reasons contributing to this demand include:
- On the frontline, it is of the first and foremost significance to know the intentions of the enemy and command actions by communication systems.
- The weapon systems of a battlefield are interconnected through communication links.
- The air platforms on the battlefield are very quiet. That is why, the armies use communication links such as data-links and communication networks to act and synchronize.
- In most of the military operations, communication networks are the one and only way to detect, locate, and decipher the intentions of the enemy.
- Communication intelligence including decryption played a major role in winning wars in recent times. Since then, this system has given superiority over other networks.
Intervention of Mobile Communication
Nowadays, it has been obligatory for a COMINT system to have the capability to use mobile communication.
In this process, “pirate” antennas are implemented that emit a powerful signal so that all the nearby phones connect to them automatically without selecting the antenna of the operators. To avoid any type of error during this technique, 3G, 4G, and particularly 5G have reinforced their protection systems.
Other Important Facts:
Communication Intelligence technique help in revealing information such as:
- Identity of the person who is performing the transmission
- The location of the transmitter
- The organizational purpose of the transmitter
- The time and length of the transmission. Also the schedule in case it is an intermittent transmission
- The frequencies and other technical features of the transmission
- If the transmission is encrypted or not, and if it can be decrypted.
- COMNIT technique also get the addresses, whether the signal is or is not a general broadcast and whether the addresses are retrievable from the dispatch.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
The emergence of coronavirus has impacted the global economy in a drastic way. Many industries went down permanently while others are closed temporarily. Because of the restrictions on operational activities, supply chain and travelling across the borders, many industries have experienced severe loss. As a result of the lockdown and other restrictions, the demand of communication intelligence equipment has been declined. Because of this factor, the global communication intelligence market has experienced a slight decline during the pandemic.
How are the Latest Developments in Voice Communication Equipment Opening Numerous Applications Across Various Sectors?November 28, 2023
Why is Vegan Chocolate Becoming a Delectable Trend among Individuals Globally?November 28, 2023
Surgical Loupes: Empowering Healthcare Professionals with Greater Precisions and Enriching Patient LivesNovember 28, 2023
How are the Advancements in Slip Ring Assemblies Meeting the High-Voltage Needs of Satellites?November 28, 2023