How is Legal Marijuana Beneficial for Human Beings?
Marijuana is a drug that extracts from the flowers and leaves of the cannabis plant. It contains chemicals that can act on human brains and change their mood and consciousness. Marijuana imparts several health benefits; however, it may cause some side effects too. This makes the legalization of marijuana for medicinal use a topic of debate and controversy.
Marijuana is a greenish-grey mixture of dried flowers or crumbled leaves of the cannabis plant. It is a drug that can act on the human nervous system and regulates humans’ mood, appetite, sleep, and desire. The two main types of cannabis plants that are used for marijuana namely, “Sativa”, and “Indica”. Marijuana contains chemicals that can help relieve stress, relax the body, and change people’s perceptions. However, it can cause some short-term and long-term side effects. Therefore, the legalization of marijuana for recreational and medicinal use is an ongoing topic of debate and controversy. In many countries, the possession, use, and sale of marijuana are illegal under criminal law. However, in recent years, some countries and states have legalized marijuana for medicinal purposes.
With the increasing demand for cannabis for medical applications, the global legal marijuana market is expected to experience significant growth in the upcoming years. The market is projected to generate $80.1 billion in revenue and rise at a CAGR of 16.9% during the analysis timeframe from 2022 to 2031. The major players of the market include Aphria, Inc., Maricann Group, Inc., Aurora Cannabis, GW Pharmaceuticals, plc., and many more.
What are the Various Health Benefits of Legal Marijuana?
In ancient civilizations, marijuana was used as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments. Nowadays, it is often used to help manage pain, nausea, anxiety, and other symptoms associated with a variety of health conditions such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, and multiple sclerosis. Some of the major health benefits of marijuana are discussed below:
- Lowering Blood Pressure: Marijuana consists of more than 120 components which are known as cannabinoids. Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the most researched cannabinoids. CBD found in marijuana can help in lowering blood pressure in humans. It can help in reducing resting blood pressure as well as blood pressure after stress tests such as isometric exercise, mental arithmetic, and many more.
- Treating Anxiety Disorders: Marijuana can be broadly used for helping people suffering from anxiety. The presence of CBD in marijuana can effectively help in treating generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social anxiety disorder, and many more.
- Preventing Seizures: As per research and studies, it is found that marijuana can be useful for treating epilepsy and other seizure syndromes and can positively help in reducing seizure frequency.
- Treating Gastrointestinal (GI) Disorders: According to studies, it is found that CBD and other non-psychoactive cannabinoids can be beneficial in preventing and treating gastrointestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis, and many others. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD are the key to minimizing and preventing such symptoms.
- Fighting Cancer: Marijuana can act as a savior for patients suffering from different types of cancer. CBD present in marijuana can help alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy. It has various anti-cancer elements that can prevent individuals from different types of cancers, benefit the immune system, treat tumors, and many more.
Is Marijuana Addictive?
According to studies, it is concluded that people using marijuana for a while can get addicted to it. It becomes more critical for individuals who started it using from a young age. One may likely become addicted to marijuana if one uses marijuana every day. Opponents of legalization argue on this point that marijuana is a drug that can lead to addiction, impaired judgment, and other negative consequences. Also, they worry about the potential for increased use and abuse, particularly among young people. When persons try to quit marijuana, they may have mild withdrawal symptoms which are discussed below:
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble sleeping
Should Marijuana be Legalized?
Marijuana has various chemicals that can be beneficial for various health problems. Many states are stepping ahead to make it legal to use marijuana plants for certain medical conditions. However, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved yet the marijuana plant as medicine. On the other hand, the rapidly increasing studies and research on cannabinoids for the treatment of chronic health conditions among people worldwide are expected to augment the growth of the legal marijuana market in the forthcoming years.
What Recent Developments in Cloud Microservices Platforms Strengthen Organizations with Enhanced Scalability and Agility?June 07, 2023
Major Reasons Why Silicone Potting Compounds are Better Than Their CounterpartsJune 07, 2023
The Rise of Advanced Technologies: Catalysts for the RF Filter IndustryJune 07, 2023
Biodegradable Microbial Batteries: The Future of Eco-friendly Energy StorageJune 07, 2023