How Does Adventure Tourism Turn a Person’s World Around?
Tourism has been a sector that has never seen a low and with increasing humans willing to dare every minute of the day, it keeps getting better. Adventures are a part of everyone’s imaginations until they decide to make it a part of their reality. Sports like rock climbing and rafting induce thrill into the lives of people.
Travelling is one of those activities that human being has been doing since time immemorial. It first started off due to the rising need of food, shelter, communication, learning, and more. Over the centuries, humans started to settle and build homes for themselves, and where they would ones wander, it all came to a standstill. This was until travel started being seen as a fun activity to refresh one’s mind. Ever since, it has been a way to break monotony and give new experiences to people. Adventure tourism has taken the mantle for being the most fun things to do. This particular kind of travel involves exploring locations hidden away from the world – exotic and hostile areas. It also involves various sports such as bungee jumping, rock climbing, etc that have become popular over the last few decades.
Adventure Tourism and its Popularity among Youngsters
Among the thousands of people exploring the world every day, a majority of them are youngsters whose curiosity knows no bounds. Each one of them finds a different location that’s fascinating and informational at the same time. A young crowd usually comprises of students, who may want to see what they are taught with their own eyes. Such practical learning provides them with a better understanding of things. Travelling is also one of the best ways one can step out of their comfort zone and see learn about their true capabilities. After all where there’s adventure, risk follows.
Every traveller associates risk taking according to differences in experiences. They are after all meant to see things from different perspectives. Adventure tourism caters to various differences. Some of them being:
- Varied expectations – Some people may want to experience peace and calm, while others want to see chaos around them.
- Difference in likes and dislikes – Some may like a certain cuisines, some may end up experimenting on it, but disliking it.
- Physical abilities – Different terrains, demand different physical needs. For example, someone hiking for the very first time will have an extremely different body compared to an expert climber.
- Psychological make-ups – The mind is a strong player of what a person is looking forward to on a trip. Some people prefer to go easy on it, while some give it a shock of a lifetime while also learning something new, which is still equally stimulating for the human mind.
COVID-19 Impact on the Adventure Tourism Market
Since the COVID-19 pandemic was first announced, it caused an immediate reaction of borders being shut and transport affected, putting a pause on tourism as well. But, with the subsequent changes gradually by various governments and with newer safety guidelines put in place, the growth rate for this sector is predicted to rise again. As per a recent report by Research Dive, the adventure tourism market is estimated to globally garner a revenue of 1,796,243.8 million by 2027. Introduction of upgraded activities for travellers will play a crucial role in the recovery of the market.
Different Kinds of Adventure Activities
Many people go to explore various activities all around the world, for that adrenaline rush. Some of the most popular adventure sports are mentioned below:
- Zip Lining – Usually used by defence personnel to cross water bodies, this activity involves tracing the length of a rope upside down, form one point to the other. The person can usually be seen dangling above a cold river or even a steep valley. It is definitely not the scariest of them all, but worth the experience.
- Rafting – One of the most popular adventure sports in the world, rafting gives a person a sense of uncertainty amidst the strong current while also pushing him to survive. Usually done in rivers with fast water flow, it involves sitting in a rubber raft, while manoeuvring through tough waters. It gives a thrill to anyone who is keen enough to challenge water.
- Rock Climbing – Comparatively easier, this adventure sport involves climbing hills and mountains without a trek. One needs to scale high mountains using equipments and sheer guts. There are also various schools that train people for it all over the world, while also taking them on various expeditions.
- Hot Air Ballooning – The mildest of them all, hot air balloon rides are mostly recreational, but the height does tend to be a provider of thrill to people. The fact that it relies on the wind and has no safe way to land in case of strong winds, is enough to get a person’s heart racing.
- Base Jumping – This has to one of the most exciting of them all. It involves height, jumping and parachuting – all in one. This activity requires person to scale the tallest building and jump without the parachute, hurtling miles to the ground. The feeling of free falling is something that fascinates a lot of people.
All of these activities when done in a different location, apart from home give the most adventures as they help in creating memories. It also has the ability to help a man learn and grow beyond his fears, irrespective of age, location or time.
7 Mobile Value-added Services (VAS) Provided by Telecoms that You Might Have Missed Out OnApril 07, 2021
Benefits of Building Automation Systems in Today’s WorldApril 07, 2021
7 Amazing DIY Ideas to Replace Professional Pest Control ServicesApril 07, 2021
Factors to Consider while Buying Commercial Air Conditioning SystemApril 01, 2021