Why is Plasma Powder Becoming a Popular Choice among Animal Feed Manufacturers?
Plasma powder, also known as spray-dried plasma, is a valuable protein source for animal nutrition. It is highly essential for improving feed palatability and gut health in young animals. Plasma powder acts as a feed alternative to preventive antibiotics as it delivers passive mucosal immunity against various viral and bacterial infections. Therefore, it helps in improving overall performance and lowering the mortality rate of animals.
In recent years, continuous innovations have been carried out by several organizations to incorporate essential proteins in human nutrients as well as in animal feeds. For instance, Deep Branch, a leading carbon dioxide recycling company specializing in converting clean carbon into high-quality products has developed a biochemical transformation process that could turn carbon dioxide into a protein-rich powder for animals.
Moreover, according to a report published by Research Dive, the growing use of bovine-source blood plasma as a functional ingredient in food processing is expected to bolster the growth global plasma powder market in the upcoming years. The market is anticipated to generate a revenue of $4,249.2 million and rise at a CAGR of 4.9% over the estimated timeframe from 2022 to 2031. The major players of the market include IQI Petfood, APC, Sonac, Shenzhen Taier, and many more.
Plasma powder is derived from the blood of healthy animals that are free from diseases and treated with strict quality control standards. Plasma powder is rich in essential amino acids, immunoglobulins, and bioactive peptides that provide a range of benefits to animals. Though plasma powder has been used in animal nutrition for several decades, recent developments and research in plasma powder have provided new insights into its nutritional benefits. Some of the major developments are discussed below:
- Bioactive Peptides: These are short protein fragments that have specific physiological effects on the body of animals. Research has shown that plasma powder contains a range of bioactive peptides that can help to support the immune system, improve gut health, and enhance growth and performance. New techniques have been developed to produce plasma powder with higher concentrations of immunoglobulins and bioactive peptides, which can provide greater benefits to animals.
- Bovine-Source Blood Plasma: It refers to the plasma derived from cow blood. It is commonly used in various industries, including the food industry to produce processed meats, pet food, and animal feed. Bovine plasma is rich in proteins and other nutrients, making it a valuable ingredient in animal feed. It is also used in the manufacturing of vaccines, pharmaceuticals, and other medical products. However, its use can be controversial due to concerns about the potential transmission of diseases such as Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE).
Why is Plasma Powder Beneficial for Animal Nutrition?
Plasma powder is a valuable source of protein for animal nutrition, and it provides a range of benefits to animals. Some of the major benefits are as follows:
- Increased Growth and Performance: Plasma powder is rich in essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. These amino acids are essential for growth and muscle development and can help to improve performance in animals.
- Reduced Stress: Studies have shown that plasma powder can help to reduce stress in animals. This is because the bioactive peptides found in plasma powder can help to regulate the production of stress hormones, which can help to reduce anxiety and improve overall well-being.
- Improved Gut Health: The bioactive peptides found in plasma powder can help to improve gut health by reducing inflammation and promoting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria. This can improve nutrient absorption and reduce the risk of digestive disorders.
- Enhanced Immune Function: Plasma powder contains high levels of immunoglobulins which are antibodies that support the immune system. These immunoglobulins can help to reduce the risk of infections and improve the overall health of animals.
- Improved Feed Efficiency: Plasma powder can also help to improve feed efficiency in animals because the protein in plasma powder is highly digestible. This can help to reduce feed costs and improve profitability for farmers.
Plasma Powder: A Protein-Packed Superfood for Optimal Growth and Health of Animals
Plasma powder is a valuable ingredient in animal nutrition due to its high protein content, digestibility, and immunological benefits. Studies have shown that plasma powder can improve the growth, health, and overall performance, of animals, making it a popular choice among animal feed manufacturers.
How are Researchers Exploring and Developing New Microbial Cultures to Enhance Biological Wastewater Treatment?May 25, 2023
How C-RAN and 5G Technology Helps to Overcome the Ongoing Network Problems?May 25, 2023
How Commercial Robots are Helping the Materialization of Industrial Revolution 4.0?May 25, 2023
Can Alpha Olefins be Considered as an Ideal Material for Many Versatile Solutions for Combating Future Challenges?May 25, 2023