Magnesium Phosphate: An Essential Nutrient Keeping Humans Away from Numerous Health Disorders
Magnesium is one of the essential macrominerals which possesses numerous health benefits. Magnesium phosphate is produced by the process of partial neutralization of phosphoric acid with magnesium oxide and is available in several forms. It is used as a mineral fortifier in functional foods and supplements. A regular intake of magnesium phosphate can help human beings to maintain good bone health, cardiovascular health, muscle movements, nervous system regulation, and also make humans stay away from mental health disorders like anxiety.
In the human body, magnesium is almost found in every cell and plays a vital role in the well-functioning of various important organs. This mineral is abundantly present in the bones of the human body, and the rest are available in the muscles, soft tissues, blood, and other fluids of the body. Magnesium phosphate is a compound form of magnesium that possesses huge health benefits. It is prepared with the partial neutralization of phosphoric acid with magnesium oxide. It is partially soluble in water and unsolvable in alcohol. Magnesium phosphate is widely used as an emulsifier and anticaking agent. In addition, it is also used as a mineral fortifier in serviceable foods and supplements.
What are the Various Health Benefits of Consuming Magnesium Phosphate?
As magnesium is the essential nutrient in the human body, it has numerous functions in the human body. Some of them are discussed below:
- Maintaining Good Bone Health: Generally, we are aware of the role of calcium in bone health, however, magnesium phosphate is also indispensable for healthy bone formation. An adequate intake of magnesium phosphate can result in higher bone density, better bone crystal formation, and also helps in lowering the risk of osteoporosis, which usually occurs in the female after menopause.
- Treating Anxiety: By maintaining a good level of magnesium phosphate in your diet can help you fight mental health disorders, such as anxiety and depression. According to scientific research, it is found that low magnesium levels can cause higher anxiety levels. Magnesium phosphate regulates the activity in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, which consists of three glands that manage a person’s reaction to stress.
- Lowering the Risk of Diabetes: Magnesium phosphate plays a vital role in controlling the glucose level and insulin metabolism of the human body. Magnesium deficiency can affect insulin resistance and arise the condition that develops diabetes. Doctors often suggest patients suffering from diabetes to choose high magnesium diets.
- Improving Cardiovascular Health: Our body requires magnesium to maintain good health of muscles. As the heart functions with the contraction and relaxation of muscles, magnesium phosphate has a greater role in maintaining good heart health. Medical professionals believe that people consuming magnesium phosphate soon after a heart attack can help in lowering the risk of mortality.
- Helps in Reducing Migraine Headache: Magnesium phosphate can also help you get relief from severe headaches like migraine. Lack of its intake can affect the neurotransmitters and control blood vessel constriction which are the direct factors for causing migraine. Doctors prefer magnesium therapy for people facing severe headaches from migraine and believe that maintaining a good level of magnesium phosphate can be an effective prevention strategy to stay away from such headaches.
- Boosting Energy Level: A good and regular intake of magnesium phosphate can help in improving the energy level mostly among older adults who feel less energetic to perform exercises. Mostly, women are advised to take magnesium phosphate as a supplement to increase muscle strength and power, which diminishes with age. The proper level of magnesium in the human body is useful in maintaining the energy level and combat fatigue.
Covid-19 Impact on the Magnesium Phosphate Market
The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the growth of the global magnesium phosphate market. According to the report published by Research Dive, the real-time market size reached a revenue of $1,063.8 million in 2020, while its estimations were $1,329.8 million during the pre-Covid scenario. The market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period from 2020-2026, while it was anticipated to be 4.3% in the pre-Covid-19 scenario. This is mainly because of the strict lockdown of several industrial activities to control the transmission of the deadly virus. However, the global magnesium phosphate market is expected to recover by the 1st/2nd quarter of 2022. The growing health concerns among millennials about dietary supplements are the major factors expected to thrive the growth of the market in the post-pandemic period.
The Bottom Line
Nowadays, millennials are becoming more conscious of their health and this results in the increasing consumption of magnesium phosphate among individuals to fight against various emerging health problems due to busy lifestyles. Furthermore, the increasing demand from food and beverages industries to use magnesium phosphate for maintaining freshness, controlling moisture, and using it as an emulsifier in food additives, are some vital factors expected to thrive the demand for magnesium phosphate in the upcoming future.
How are the Latest Developments in Voice Communication Equipment Opening Numerous Applications Across Various Sectors?November 28, 2023
Why is Vegan Chocolate Becoming a Delectable Trend among Individuals Globally?November 28, 2023
Surgical Loupes: Empowering Healthcare Professionals with Greater Precisions and Enriching Patient LivesNovember 28, 2023
How are the Advancements in Slip Ring Assemblies Meeting the High-Voltage Needs of Satellites?November 28, 2023