How Can Coconut Milk be Added to the Daily Diet to Lead a Fit and Healthy Lifestyle?
Nowadays, there is a growing inclination of people’s interest towards various coconut products. Mainly, coconut milk products are not only good in taste but also provide various health benefits. Mainly, coconut milk consists of saturated fats which are not stored in the body as harmful ones. Mostly, Southeast Asian, Thailand, South American, Caribbean, and some Indian cuisines include coconut milk to enhance the taste of food.
It is always suggested not to take sweets on a regular basis, however, taking natural sweet-rich food on a regular basis is not harmful. More commonly, some fruits such as apple, banana, guava, and many more contain some amount of sweets. Similarly, coconut also has a natural sweetness in all its products such as coconut milk and the fruit itself. Basically, coconut milk and coconut cream are the two main products that are made from coconut fruit. The coconut milk is quite thick and creamy in nature and it tastes quite good. That is the reason it is broadly used in many cuisines. With deliciousness, coconut milk also carries numerous health benefits. Due to this, coconut milk is widely used in several recipes including fish, meat, and various other dishes. Before diving into the benefits of coconut milk, let’s focus on the number of ways in which you can add coconut milk to your daily diet.
What are the Various Ways of Including Coconut Milk in Your Diet?
Due to its richness and creaminess, coconut milk is included in many recipes to enhance the flavors of the dish and to enrich your body with good fat that will help to increase the energy level of your body. Following are some tips to include coconut milk in your daily diet:
- Smoothies- You can add coconut milk in your green, red, or any kind of smoothie to make it even healthier. For those individuals who don’t like to make smoothies because of their rawness, coconut milk helps them to switch to adding some healthy options.
- Oatmeal- Many people love to make oatmeal for their breakfast or lunch. Instead of using cow milk always, they can use coconut milk as an alternative and can enjoy the meal by topping some banana and cinnamon powder.
- Chicken or Fish Curry- By adding coconut milk to any of the fish, meat, or chicken curry you can feel the difference in taste, and at the same time, it will help in eating a dish full of protein and fatty acids.
- Soups- Mostly, Thai sops include coconut milk with the proper blend of different vegetables and curry powder. This type of coconut milk-based soup helps to have a creamy soup full of beneficial nutrients.
What are the Various Health Benefits of Coconut Milk?
It is rare to have the taste and nutrition altogether. However, coconut milk is a food product that carries numerous health benefits and a good taste. Out of many, some of the health benefits of coconut milk are discussed below:
- At first, coconut milk is mainly used in several food items, because it is the source of good fat which helps in reducing inflammation, maintaining good health of hairs and nails, balancing blood sugar levels, and many more.
- As coconut milk is enriched with healthy fats called medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), it helps in aiding weight loss and simultaneously helps in increasing your energy level.
- Moreover, coconut milk is a good source of lauric acid, which helps in boosting the level of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and decreasing the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL). This helps to balance the cholesterol level in the human body.
- Further, coconut milk is rich in magnesium, potassium, and also Vitamin C as it produces antioxidants and is quite good for heart health.
- In addition, containing medium-chain fatty acids, coconut milk also helps in boosting digestion systems.
Future Landscape of the Coconut Milk Market
With the growing demand for plant-based products and rising initiatives of leading market players in launching coconut milk products, the global coconut milk market is expected to see progressive growth in the upcoming future. The market is envisioned to generate a revenue of $3,051.40 million and rise at a CAGR of 14.60% throughout the forecast time period from 2021-2028. Furthermore, the increasing demand for coconut milk for losing weight is predicted to create wide growth opportunities in the near future.
Key Message Take Away
With the emergence of the novel coronavirus, people are paying more interest in adopting healthy food patterns to enhance their immunity level and to keep themselves fit. As coconut milk contains various beneficial nutrients, its usage and demand are going to surge in the near future.