Gift Cards: A Purchase that Brings a Smile
Whether it is a product or service, a gift card is a driving factor that attracts people to avail themselves. Initiating gift card programs helps a business to acquire new customers and at the same time, it helps to retain loyal ones. Gift cards are the easiest way of receiving payments and offer seamless convenience to the consumer. This is why people love gift cards. Nowadays, with the unprecedented Covid-19 health crisis, the use of gift cards is becoming a more effective and secure payment mode for shopping online.
Have you ever found it difficult to get a perfect gift for your loved ones? Gifting anyone is a challenging task. It creates lots of brainstorming and the end result is still not satisfactory. Sometimes it becomes a tiresome job to meet the expectation of your desires. Even if you are able to choose the right one, you are left with pondering whether the receiver will like it or not. This lets all your money, time, and energy go in vain.
It is true that the taste of every individual is different, however, a gift card makes it easy to give a perfect gift to your loved ones without a second thought. With gift cards, there is no worry about the choice of gifts. Here, the gift is definitely going to be yours, yet with the receiver’s pick. So, before moving ahead, let’s know a brief about gift cards.
What does a Gift Card Mean?
A gift card is much similar to a debit card that contains a specific amount of money to make a variety of purchases. Gift cards are also known as gift certificates, gift tokens, or gift vouchers which are generally issued by retailers or banks. With gift cards, you can shop your brands at stores, dine out at your favorite restaurants, book shows to watch movies, and you can even do holiday bookings and many others.
Gift Cards Can Benefit Every Business
One rule that every business follows is to make your customers happy. Every salesperson uses gift cards to raise awareness about their business and to bring a good rise in sales. Providing gift cards fascinates customers to look into your business and keeps them coming back. Some of the major advantages of using gift cards in businesses are listed below:
- Enabling customer engagement- A gift card helps in building a connection with the customer. It allures customer engagement and enhances additional marketing opportunities. Gift cards uplift customers to feel good and make them visit again.
- Generating useful data- Mostly gift cards can be availed with online registration. Online registrations collect information about the customers which can be later used for communication. Furthermore, gift cards allow customers to interact with the executive and provide the opportunity to serve them better with their choice of preferences.
- Builds business awareness- Gift cards help in promoting your business ideology to customers in an easier way. This is a cost-effective way of approaching your customers about your business. Nowadays, virtual gift cards help businesses to grow conveniently online at a faster pace.
- Easy Distribution- These days, popular retailers distribute gift cards to their customers to shop for their favorite brands. There are many large stores like groceries, shopping malls, etc. that offer gift cards to customers.
- Safe and convenient payment mode- Traditional gift certificates are paper certificates that were more vulnerable to loss or fraud. However, online gift cards are more convenient and safe than traditional one.
- Catches holiday sales- Gift cards allow all types of businesses to capture the customer during holidays. Starting from car wash subscriptions to salon services, gift cards make everyone’s holiday even brighter.
- Improves cash flow- Unlike traditional marketing strategies, gift card programs improve cash flow in your business, and selling gift cards can generate revenue in advance before providing services, or products.
Why Gift Cards are Better than Cash?
Gone are those days when cash are used to gift people. Nowadays, gift cards are a better option than cash because today people mostly order online. In addition, gift cards provide a great option to buy a gift for yourselves with your choice of brands. Furthermore, there are more reasons why gift cards are more beneficial than cash. Some of them are listed below:
- Gift cards offer more discount
- It becomes memorable when you are able to make someone happy with their choice
- It never disappoints you while shopping
- Gift cards always surprise you with better incentives
- It helps you to make personalized gifts for your loved ones
Future Insights of Gift Card Market
Currently, the increasing growth of online shopping is likely to drive the global gift cards market due to the rising use of smartphones. It is anticipated that the global gift cards market size will reach $1,396.01 billion in the 2021–2028 timeframe, at a CAGR of 15.4%. However, the Covid-19 outbreak has hindered the physical gift card penetration. This has boosted the need to form digital gift cards for the market expansion.
The Bottom Line
Gift cards are not only to provide perfect gifts for your special ones, rather it gives appropriate gift during festive times too. It provides a broader approach to personalize the gifts in special occasions like Valentine’s Day, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Father’s Days, Mother’s Days, Teacher’s Day, Children’s Day, Diwali, Christmas, New Year, and many other special occasions. This comes up with many exciting options that will captivate people to use gift cards more effectively in near future.