Animal Feed Micronutrient: Providing Complete Nutrition to Animals
Micronutrients are the essential components of animal feed that help in improving immunity and maintaining the good health of animals. The micronutrients are broadly categorized into vitamins and minerals. The regular feed of micronutrients to animals performs a wide array of functions such as proper digestion, bone, and teeth formation, prevention of infection, combating stress, enhancing production capabilities, and many others.
Just similar to humans, animals also need proper nutrition for their well-being. Animal feed micronutrients are the essential components that animals don’t get from their regular diet. These micronutrients are not only supplements of adequate vitamins and minerals but also are used to make the food more palatable so that the animals continue eating them. Animal feed micronutrients perform a wide variety of functions such as enhancing metabolism, growth, and reproduction, helping in proper digestion, enabling the formation of teeth and bone, combating stress, helping in red blood cell maturation, preventing numerous infections, and many more. Therefore, animal feed micronutrients play a vital role in boosting the agricultural production of milk, meat, fiber, and eggs.
With the increasing usage of micronutrients for animal feed to improve the metabolism of animals and resistance to diseases, the global animal feed micronutrient market is predicted to observe prominent growth in the forthcoming years. The market is envisioned to garner a revenue of $3,272.40 million and rise at a CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2031. The major players of the market include Archer Daniels Midland Company, Balchem Corp, Nutreco N.V., Qualitech Inc., and many more.
What is the Importance of Animal Feed Micronutrients?
Proper nutrition in animals is important for animals for various reasons. Animal feed micronutrients are not only important for the growth and maintenance of animals but also provide energy in the very right way. This adequate amount of energy helps them to work and function properly and reproduce and provide the best production possibilities. Micronutrients are crucial bioactive molecules and cofactors of enzymes too. Although they are required in small amounts, however, they play an influential role in the proper functioning of several enzymes that are involved in various metabolism, biochemical, and physiological processes. Moreover, animal feed micronutrients potentially have a positive impact on bone health, preventing bone loss and fractures, increasing bone formation, and decreasing bone resorption.
What are the Different Categories of Animal Feed Micronutrient?
There are eight different categories of animal feed micronutrients that are important for animals. These are as follows:
- Minerals: Two types of minerals are essential for the nutritional and well-balanced properties of animals. One is macro minerals which include calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium which are used to boost bone and teeth health and increase bodily fluid regulation, nerves, and muscle support. The other one is micro minerals that include copper, cobalt, zinc, iron, iodine, manganese, and selenium. These are mainly used to aid blood synthesis, thyroid hormone synthesis, iodine metabolism, and immune function.
- Vitamins: There are different types of vitamins and each one delivers its specific role. Some of the widely used vitamins as animal feed micronutrients are vitamins B1, A, D3, B6, B12, pantothenic acid, choline, folic acid, and nicotinamide. These are specifically used to increase prothrombin synthesis, carbohydrate, and amino acid metabolism, and acetate and fatty acid metabolism.
- Enzymes: These are broadly used to supplement digestive enzymes in the animal’s stomach to break down feed. This further helps in increasing meat and egg production.
- Amino Acids: Typically, synthetic amino acids are added to animal feed micronutrients. These include lysine, threonine, tryptophan, and methionine. These play a vital role in preventing the growth of harmful pathogens, assisting animals’ immune systems, and protecting nutrients from breaking down.
- Antibiotics: Adding antibiotics to animal feed not only helps in preventing and treating diseases but also aids in faster growth and size.
- Binders: These are used to prevent the growth of mold, and to stop any harmful mold from being absorbed into the gut and the bloodstream.
- Antioxidants: With the use of antioxidants, it becomes easy to prevent nutritional deficiencies brought on by the destruction of vital vitamins and fats. This helps in protecting animals from free radicals that may result in certain cancers, heart diseases, and more.
- Acidifiers: These are broadly used to help in digestion and assist with the function of probiotics. Further, the binders are also used to optimize the absorption of minerals and improve the immune system.
Animal Feed Micronutrient: The Best Food to Feed Animals
Animal feed micronutrients can tremendously increase the production capacity of farm animals and when fed in the right quantity and at the right time these can properly help in increasing the fertility of animals. Moreover, the increasing demand for meat among consumers all across the globe is expected to foster the usage of animal feed micronutrients in the upcoming years.
How are the Latest Developments in Voice Communication Equipment Opening Numerous Applications Across Various Sectors?November 28, 2023
Why is Vegan Chocolate Becoming a Delectable Trend among Individuals Globally?November 28, 2023
Surgical Loupes: Empowering Healthcare Professionals with Greater Precisions and Enriching Patient LivesNovember 28, 2023
How are the Advancements in Slip Ring Assemblies Meeting the High-Voltage Needs of Satellites?November 28, 2023