A Concise Guide on Blood Coagulation Analyzers
Blood coagulation tests are one of the foremost clinical methods that are conducted for several diagnoses and pre-surgical procedures. This test is to examine the efficiency of blood coagulation to diagnose serious bleeding disorders and irregularities.
The recent years have witnessed blood coagulation monitoring as a crucial step for diagnosing the primary causes of hemorrhages, evaluating excessive bleeding risks in case of extensive surgeries like dialysis, and developing anticoagulant drugs. And with the Covid-19 pandemic wave swirling around, it has become imperative for the medical sector to come up with some positive results to relieve the tense global situation.
Coagulation tests are conducted to examine if a person’s potential for clotting blood is enough to fight against the prevailing cardiovascular diseases and other blood-related irregularities. As per a report from Research Dive, the global coagulation testing market is estimated to cross $3,566.0 million by 2026 increasing at a stable CAGR of 5.9%. The development and production of coagulation analyzers is likely to boost immensely in the coming years.
What is a Blood Coagulometer?
A blood coagulometer is an analyzer that tests the blood coagulation efficiency to diagnose bleeding disorders like hemophilia, disseminated intravascular coagulation, sickle cell anemia, etc. Coagulation analyzers are also used to monitor those who take anticoagulant drugs like aspirin, warfarin, or heparin.
Why is Blood Coagulation Dangerous?
Identifying blood clots is easy; one might sense a new swelling in his arm or leg followed by skin redness and soreness in the area. In case the blood clots are formed in a person’s veins in the legs, arms, or groin area, then there are chances the clots might break loose and move to other parts of the body like the lungs. This results in pulmonary embolism which is a huge threat to life. If you feel the below-mentioned pulmonary embolism symptoms, then you should consider going to the emergency room.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Fast heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Mild fever
- Fainting spells
- Cough, with or without blood
What are the Causes of Blood Clots and How to Prevent Them?
Blood clots can be formed easily if you don’t move around often. You may also get a blood clot if you:
- Are 65 years old or above
- Have had a recent surgery
- Have had cancer or are currently being treated for it
- Have broken a bone, probably hip, leg, or pelvis bone
- Are obese
- Have had a stroke or are paralyzed
- Have varicose
- Have had a blood clot before
To prevent blood clots, you can simply follow some effective measures mentioned below.
- Wear loose-fitting socks and clothes
- Avoid sitting or standing in the same position for prolonged hours
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce salt intake
- Avoid using pillows under your knees
Advancements in Blood Coagulation Analyzers
For an easy blood coagulation monitoring process, the medical sector has made many developments and enhancements in the instruments used. Here are a few of them.
- Trivitron Healthcare, a paramount medical devices company, collaborated with Diagon-Vanguard Diagnostics India, a leading diagnostics products manufacturer, in October 2021 to launch a new series of coagulation analyzers. The new series include products like the COAG Line automated, semi-automated analyzers, and other point of care (POC) systems.
- HUMAN, an established equipment manufacturer in the in-vitro diagnostics industry, launched its HumaClot Quattro coagulation instrument in June 2019. HumaClot Quattro is a semi-automated 4-channel coagulation analyzer built with TIC2+ technology, a combination of measurement methods- turbidimetric, immunologic, chromogenic, and clotting.
- Siemens Healthineers, the parent company for several medical technology companies, partnered with Sysmex, a healthcare company in Japan, to introduce the INNOVANCE Anti-Xa assay. The product helps in enabling lab tests for heparin, direct oral anticoagulants like rivaroxaban and apixaban with just one combined assay and offers a solution for DOAC testing.
To conclude, blood coagulation testing has been a principal method for multiple diagnoses and pre-surgical procedures. Blood clots are followed by some serious life-threatening diseases, and hence, many health organizations are proposing new technologies and coagulation analyzer series. And considering the predominant cardiovascular diseases, individuals should consult a doctor in case they feel any of the above-mentioned symptoms.
Implementing the Right Lease Management Software can Benefit your Company, Here’s howDecember 07, 2022
How Using Modern Dental Equipment can Improve Dental HealthcareDecember 07, 2022
A Brief Survey of Wireless Brain Sensors and Three of its Main ApplicationsNovember 25, 2022
A Concise Study of Duty-Free Retailing Industry’s Three Major Players in 2022November 14, 2022