Global Airway Management Devices Market to Witness Extensive Growth with Increasing Demand for Emergency and Intensive Care
Over the last 25 years, there have been numerous advancements in the safe management of the airway. In anaesthetic practice, securing the airway quickly and safely is essential. An airway management device serves as the most essential interface between the patient's lungs and the breathing system. Airway management allows gas exchange, prevents the lung from injuries, and enables various therapies.
A group of surgical treatments known as airway management devices are employed to maintain patients' airways open. Patients have safeguarded an open pathway with the use of this device, allowing for gas exchange between their lungs and the environment. For patients undergoing anaesthesia operations in hospitals, a variety of products, including nasopharyngeal airways, oropharyngeal airways, tracheal incubation, and laryngeal mask airways are used to provide airways. These instruments are used in many fields, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, emergency medicine, neonatology, and many more. The global airway management devices market is expanding at a rapid pace due to the increasing need for emergency care for illnesses that last for a long time as well as prolonged treatments associated with lung diseases in adults and children.
Newest Insights in the Airway Management Devices Market
The high occurrence of road accidents and other traumatic injuries coupled with a rise in anaesthesia usage in various surgical treatments are anticipated to drive the demand for airway management devices. As per a report by Research Dive, the global airway management devices market is expected to surpass a revenue of $4,182.20 million in the 2022-2031 timeframe, growing with a CAGR of 7.7%. The North America region is expected to perceive foremost and dominant growth in the years to come. This is owing to the growing occurrence of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases and asthma, as well as the increasing ageing population in the region.
How are Market Players Responding to the Rising Demand for Airway Management Devices?
Market players are greatly investing in ground-breaking research and inventions to cater for the increasing need for new and advanced airway management devices. Some of the foremost players in the airway management devices market are Smiths Medical, Inc., Medtronic, Teleflex Incorporated., KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG, Ambu A/S., Flexicare (Group) Limited, Intersurgical Ltd., SunMed, Vbm Medizintechnik, VYAIRE MEDICAL, INC., and others. These players are focused on planning and formulating strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, novel advances, and partnerships to reach a noteworthy position in the global market.
- In April 2021, Smiths Medical, a company that manufactures, develops, and sells innovative medical products, launched an acapella choice blue vibratory PEP therapy system intended to help in the removal of secretions for patients who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, lung disorders with secretory problems, asthma, and atelectasis.
- In May 2021, Medtronic, a global leader in medical technology, solutions, and services, launched the SonarMed airway monitoring device to monitor any ETT (endotracheal tube) position and obstruction for infants and newborns.
- In October 2022, AirPhysio, a leading respiratory device maker, joined hands with Medsmart, a foremost distributor in the line of healthcare equipment, to make AirPhysio devices available in India. AirPhysio is a respiratory device that uses Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP) to naturally improve breathing process.
COVID-19 Impact on the Global Airway Management Devices Market
The unpredicted rise of the coronavirus pandemic in 2020 has positively impacted the global airway management devices market. During the pandemic period, there was a rise in the need for medical goods from both the general people and healthcare professionals to take safety measures. The demand for airway management devices increased significantly during the pandemic, as lung disorders and other respiratory issues increased magnificently. In addition, a greater number of patients were admitted to emergency rooms and ICUs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ventilators and other positive air pressure devices were widely used to treat low oxygen saturation or respiratory failure in patients with severe illnesses. All these factors indicate that the global airway management devices market growth is anticipated to fuel in the upcoming years.
Personalize this research
- Triangulate with your own data
- Get Data as per your format and defination
- Get a deeper dive on a specific application, geography, customer or competitor
- + 1-888-961-4454 Toll - Free
- + 91-788-802-9103 -Int'l