A Happy and Healthy Life Sustains with a Healthy Liver
Due to the busy and chaotic life in the metro cities, people are running out of time and unable to take care of themselves. Skipping breakfasts, eating junk, less intake of water, are some major reasons for growing health issues. Liver disease is one of them. Late diagnosis of liver disease can lead to high investment in its treatment. Nowadays, the governments of various countries are organizing many awareness programs to spread the knowledge about factors causing liver diseases, their symptoms, and their treatment procedure. This step will soon make the globe disease-free.
We often ignore our liver, but it is a vital organ of our body. It plays a major role in the digestion system of our body. On a daily basis, what we eat or drink, food, medicines, liquids, everything passes through the liver. With tedious job lives and busy metro-life, it becomes difficult to give proper attention to our liver which it requires.
Biologically, our liver is situated near the right ribcage, beneath the right lung. The main function of the liver is to separate out harmful chemicals to cleanse our body and in addition, it produces a liquid known as bile, which is required to break down all the fat from our body. Most importantly, the liver is the only organ that regenerates itself, therefore, a person can donate a portion of his liver to another person who is suffering from chronic liver diseases. Before moving ahead about knowing the symptoms, food habits, and causes of liver disease, let’s know about the basics of liver disease first.
What is Liver Disease?
The liver performs many important functions to enhance the metabolism of our body and to keep ourselves fit. Some of the important functionalities are as follows:
- The liver helps to make blood proteins which assist in clotting
- It helps in transporting oxygen to the arteries to maintain the functionality of the heart and the liver has a bigger hand in supporting our immune system.
- It produces bile to help in our digestion
- It helps our body to store sugar (glucose) in the form of glycogen
- It helps in breaking down saturated fat and controls cholesterol
- More importantly, it helps our body to get rid of harmful substances in the bloodstream
When our liver is unable to perform any of the above-mentioned functions in a proper way, then it indicates liver failure or disease arising in the liver. Liver disease may be life-threatening if it is not diagnosed or treated at the right time.
What are the Symptoms of Liver Disease?
Liver disease does not give prominent signs or noticeable symptoms of the disorder. The symptoms or signs are based upon the type of liver disease that is caused. Some of the distinct symptoms of showing malfunctioning of the liver are listed below:
- Yellowing of skins and eyes- Jaundice
- Nausea or vomit tendency
- Tar-colored stool or bloody stool and dark urine color
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling of legs or ankles
- Sudden or unnatural weight loss
- Abdominal pain and swelling
What is the Food for a Healthy Liver?
The choice of food we are making to take on a regular basis is a critical thing. Wrong choices can make things worse where the right choice will definitely bring changes even if there is a crucial condition. Following are some lists of food which can make big difference in maintaining a healthy liver:
- Add cruciferous vegetables to your daily diet such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, etc.
- Eat fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, or tuna fish, which is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Try to add oatmeal and multiple grains like ragi, sorghum, pearl millets, wheat, and others, which are high fiber-rich food.
- Eat citrus-rich fruits such as oranges, grapes, lemons, which help in reducing the liver toxicity.
- Try to drink plenty amount of water during the daytime to keep your body hydrated and helps in flushing out toxins.
Some Simple Ways to Keep Your Liver Problems at Bay
Practicing good habits with regularity is a better solution to keep you away from several body disorders. Following are some good and simple practices of keeping a healthy liver:
- Start doing physical exercise regularly at least for half an hour
- Limit your alcohol intake on a priority basis
- Track your weight, maintain a sound weight and change your eating habits
- Be very careful with your medication. If you are in a longer treatment, consult your doctor regarding taking drugs for longer periods.
Future Insights of Liver Disease Treatment Market
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the prolonged lockdowns and strict guidelines caused disruption in the supply chain, which is further leading to less availability and high investment in liver diseases. However, the key players are coming up with effective collaborations to boost the global liver disease treatment market. In the timeframe of 2021-2028, the global liver disease treatment market is envisioned to grow at a CAGR of 11.7% by generating revenue of $32,028.5 million by 2028.
The Bottom Line
The growing use of smartphone health and nutrition apps is becoming a major source of creating awareness among people to adopt good health habits and nutritious food for a healthy lifestyle. This may lead to cause a significant reduction in liver and other vital organ diseases worldwide.
What are Superalloy Honeycombs and Why are They in the News?January 11, 2022
What is a Pet Insurance and What does it Cover?January 06, 2022
Exploring Digital Therapeutics: A Solution for the Geriatric PopulationJanuary 06, 2022
How are Geogrids Holding the Earth Together?January 05, 2022